Posted: 8/15/2020 Application Due: 10/15/2019 Type: Full-Time
Research Associate and Postdoctoral Scholar Positions
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Department of Computer Science, North Carolina State University
The NSF-funded AERPAW project at North Carolina State University (NC State) is seeking candidates for research associate and postdoctoral scholar positions. The hired candidates are expected to work on one or more of the following:
- Conduct research in software-defined radios (SDRs), millimeter-wave systems, and/or spectrum monitoring/sharing with vehicular and unmanned aerial systems;
- Design, develop, integrate, and test open-source software for SDR platforms related to spectrum research and 5G wireless systems;
- Assist with the development, deployment, and operations of a wireless SDR platform for large-scale outdoor experimentation;
- Assist with the assembly and testing of a millimeter-wave phased-array experimental platform;
- Conduct exploratory development and design of novel network architectures and orchestration methods, to realize an agile, high-performance, adaptive logical network infrastructure;
- Collaborate with global researchers, industry, and open-source R&D communities;
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data; prepare statistical and narrative reports, graphs, manuscripts; and publish results in academic conferences/journals.
The candidates should have a Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) or Computer Science (CSC). Strong experience with SDR hardware/software platforms is a big plus. A strong publication track in wireless spectrum research and/or a strong track record in wireless spectrum experiments are expected. The annual salary will be commensurate with the background and experience of the candidates, and it is expected to be in the range of $55K-65K for the postdoctoral scholar and $65K-80K for the research associate. Both positions are expected to be funded for a duration of up to three years with a start date of early 2021. Depending on the background and qualifications of the candidates, they may be hired either by the ECE or CSC department of NC State. Applicants must apply online at https://forms.gle/e9wwtvQsEdneTLAC9. Screening of candidates will begin in October 2020, and will continue until the positions are filled. Inquiries and nominations should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: 10/10/2019 Application Due: 12/01/2019 Type: Full-Time
Research Associate I, II, III, Senior
Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, Mississippi State University
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Mississippi State University (MSU) is seeking candidates for a Research Associate I, II, III, Senior position. The successful candidate will:
- Conduct research on advanced wireless communication for vehicular and unmanned aerial systems,
- Design, develop, integrate, and test open-source software for software-defined radio (SDR) platforms,
- Assist with the deployment of a commercial-grade 5G experimental network and SDRs for large-scale outdoor testing with ground and aerial vehicles,
- Collaborate with global researchers, industry and open-source R&D communities,
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data; prepare statistical and narrative reports, graphs, manuscripts, and present findings to scientific communities and diverse other groups.
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by submitting a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of at least three professional references. Screening of candidates will begin November 1, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. Inquiries and nominations should be directed to Dr. Vuk Marojevic, Associate Professor (email@example.com or 662.325.3154).
Learn more here.